A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The candidate will be a key member of an entry level, interactive technical service team that acts as the front line of communications between customers and our technical service specialists. This team is focused on providing best-in-class customer support via telephone, email and internet. The candidate is responsible for fielding basic technical inquiries on MilliporeSigma's products and navigating more advanced technical inquiries to the appropriate specialist within the organization. Our customer base includes Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies, Universities, Hospitals and Government agencies. Professional communication and schedule flexibility are imperative. The opportunity for growth exists for employees who have the potential and demonstrate the ability to learn at the next level of responsibility.
- Respond to incoming technical inquiries in a quality and timely manner following established procedures.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve issues quickly, competently and professionally, documenting all correspondence.
- Ability to analyze and understand our customer’s needs.
- Ability to navigate and escalate customer inquiries to the appropriate specialized technical service department when necessary.
- Produce work that is well executed, accurate, and attentive to detail.
- Take ownership of all customer interactions to ensure best-in-class service.
- Effective communication across all business units within the organization.
- Ability to use multiple systems to gather and collect information: Oracle, SAP, Lotus Notes, and SalesForce.com.
- Adapt quickly to frequently changing applications and departmental and divisional policies and procedures.
- Send requested or required documentation to customers. Function effectively at times of increased work demands and tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate reliable attendance and adhere to scheduled work hours.
- Interact extensively in a team environment with peers, supervisors and managers to assist one another.
- Be flexible with the work schedule to meet the needs of the organization, as required.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education
- 1+ years of customer service/general work experience
- Recent graduate with scientific background will suffice for work experience
- Knowledge of the Life Science industry is advantageous
- Call Center experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Oracle, SAP, SalesForce.com and PC applications is a plus
- Act as a role model of MilliporeSigma's values and best-in-class business practices
- Able to meet the challenges of a fast-paced, high-energy environment, while maintaining a strong level of professionalism and critical attention to quality
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication and written skills, pro-active problem- solving skills and the ability to multitask effectively
- Excellent listening and telephone communication skills and computer literacy required
- Highly motivated and organized, with attention to prioritizing incoming tasks
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.