A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Perform Quality Control microbiology activities in support of GMP products, including routine testing and peer review of raw materials and finished products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations.
- Ensure quality through adherence to GMP requirements.
- Perform routine microbiological assays in accordance with test method. Ensure equipment and work areas are maintained and clean.
- Perform peer review of completed test data by other analysts.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines and GDP requirements.
- Interface across departments
- Participate as needed in customer audits.
- Accurately perform procedure independently.
- Incompliance with change control procedures, improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Train personnel and act as a technical consultant as needed. Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates.
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge.
Who You Are:
- BS/BA degree in microbiology, biology, biochemistry or related life science.
- Minimum one year of laboratory experience.
- Two to five years laboratory experience.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of GMP Quality standards
- Laboratory and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of standard microbiological assays per USP.
- Familiar with laboratory instruments and production equipment.
- Safe chemical handling methods.
- Communication skills, oral and written.
- Computer skills.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.