A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Head of BioContinuum™ Platform, the Program & Administrative Assistant will be responsible for managing the incoming requests of program deliverables and meeting requests from the leadership team and primarily the Head of the BioContinuum™ Platform. Supporting an entrepreneurial program means this role is vital to our overall success and requires someone with a passion for a fast paced team environment. As with all team members, this person will have a voice in striving for continuous improvement and commitment to excellence.
- Independently provide complex administrative support and project coordination for Department head and leadership team including international and domestic travel arrangements, and expense reporting
- Schedule and accurately maintain daily Department Head calendars
- Manage important department meetings (management team, steering committees, etc.) creating draft agendas, presentation consolidation, attending to take action items and minutes, and follow-up communications and tracking of deliverables and action items
- Create, modify, and enhance Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Manage onboarding and offboarding of in-country employees and consultants
- Create communications for the organization of important notifications
- Help with compiling and organizing both physical and electronic documentation
- Order all office supplies and maintain supply closet
- Provide administrative support relative to interactions with local and global colleagues, particularly other country coordinators
- Administrative responsibilities as required
- All other duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- Associates Degree
- 5+ years of related professional experience supporting department/team
- Experience in supporting software/IT organizations a plus
- Excellence with MS Project
- High Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel) and especially PowerPoint
- High attention to dates and details and ability to multi-task with high level of accuracy maintained
- Professional, outgoing and pleasant demeanor
- High team orientation
- Ability to be flexible to work assignments & deal with ambiguity
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to operate in a very fast-paced “start-up culture” organization
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently on multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines
- Proven project management
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.