A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono, the Senior Scientist Immuno-Oncology will provide scientific excellence and translational research expertise to support a cancer immunotherapy development project in the clinic. The successful candidate will report to the research lead and effectively evaluate external study proposals, manage internal and external preclinical study data and prepare presentations, and participate in cross-functional activities.
The successful candidate also will be responsible for literature search on tumor inflammation and immune tolerance with a focus on TGF beta biology, as well as novel cancer immunotherapy concepts and treatment modalities, which can support combination strategy with other immuno-oncology and oncology clinical development candidates.
Essential Job Functions:
- To summarize and present literature information and conference notes in immuno-oncology
- Keep abreast with cutting-edge assays, in vivo models, and biomarker approaches that can be applied and incorporated into an early development setting to further characterize the drug candidate.
- Provide up to date knowledge on combination therapy strategy and define the combination rationale based on the drug target biology
- Review IST preclinical proposals interact with collaborators from academic and corporate partners as needed, and manage data, contract, budget and timeline
- Provide input on all IND/NDA/BLA preparation and other regulatory document activities for non-clinical pharmacology section. Ensure the study reports and project document well organized.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ year’s experience in the field of Oncology
- Track record of scientific excellence as in publications and successful advancement of new therapeutic concepts in industry or academia
- PhD degree in cell biology, immuno-oncology, or related biology discipline with relevant experience in an industrial and/or academic setting strongly preferred
- Detailed knowledge of in vivo pharmacology in the field of oncology; knowledge of, and experience in developing cancer immunotherapeutic is highly desired
- Understanding of immunological readouts, RNAseq data and biomarker approaches, and their translation into early clinical trials
- Background in cancer immunology and TGF beta biology is highly desirable
- Experience with managing academic research collaborations
- Very good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to write scientific reports and publications
- Team player with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Well-organized and self-directed; able to adhere to tight timelines
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.