A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Warehouse Operator 4 position is primarily responsible for timely receiving/organization of incoming materials, entering/removing material information into appropriate computer systems, staging materials for use in production, and shipping of material from the Madison/Verona site.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receipt and handling of all incoming materials, including organization and labeling of materials as well as entry into all appropriate inventory control systems.
- Physical and systematic movement of inventory items to proper locations.
- Perform transactions to maintain quantity and location accuracy in inventory management software program.
- Maintain proper storage conditions and segregation of hazardous materials.
- Cycle count inventory per annual schedule.
- Assist in shipment of materials from the facility according to DOT/IATA regulations.
- Follow all applicable safety and departmental procedures.
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time and able to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted.
- Frequent lifting of items weighing 1-20 lbs.
- Operate powered fork truck and pallet jack.
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with SAP or other ERP system preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong PC skills
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.