A career at Millipore Sigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Associate Scientist I will perform a wide variety of assays or tests required to characterize product or material safety. He/ she will make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/ documentation and ensure all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/ industry standards. He/ she will maintain an understanding of technological principles and applications of the organization’s services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for developing a working knowledge of lab policies and assays
- Conducts pre-designed assays using basic laboratory techniques and skills
- Follows SOPs, study protocols, and relevant compliance regulations regarding safety procedures, documentation, and scientific responsibility
- Independently analyzes data and interprets results
- Advises supervisor of factors that may affect quality and usefulness of data
- Contributes ideas and suggestions to improve standard laboratory techniques, protocols, processes and equipment
- Maintains thorough records as well as peer review of assay batch records and study workbooks
- Demonstrates consistently good communication and interpersonal skills with employees, management and clients (where applicable)
- Uses and maintains scientific equipment, instrumentation and computer systems
- Adheres to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standard for laboratory testing as specified in applicable standard operating procedures or quality manual.
- Other duties as assigned
EXPANDED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for all phases of the Bacterial Reverse Mutation Assay (Ames test) in a structured GLP environment.
- Successfully complete the technical review for the assays and study workbooks
- Successfully execute a test article weigh request
- Successfully prepare two Ames tests/customized workbooks in one work day
- Demonstrate the technical knowledge and expertise to successfully plate two full Ames Tests in one work day- either plate incorporation or pre-incubation designs.
- Successfully count and record the results for two standard Ames tests in one work day; including bacterial lawn precipitate evaluation and computer entry of these results.
- Assure, implement, and document all protocol requirements
- Demonstrate accurate GLP documentation
- Ability to work on projects in other departments as needed.
- May be required to work overtime or flexible shifts
- Some working knowledge of a research laboratory
- Limited experience in performing a variety of assays including, but not limited to preparation, dosing, and scoring Ames tests
- Limited ability to analyze data and interpret results
- Basic computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database software applications- specifically MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Good oral and written communication skills as well as organizational skills
- Works well in a team-based environment
- Ability to multi-task
What we offer: At MilliporeSigma, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.