A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The Global Market Development Manager is a critical team member driving the development and execution of strategies supporting portfolio growth of products and services in the areas of functional genomics, genome editing, and cell line development within MilliporeSigma’s Genome Editing and Novel Modalities Promise Venture.
You will effectively leverage key contacts and support networks within a highly matrixed organization to develop and execute on a strategic and tactical plan to drive initiatives that meet revenue growth and other key business objectives.
Further, you will engage, enable, motivate, and partner with colleagues and customers on a scientific and operational basis to lead projects where a PhD level of scientific depth is useful.
Success in this role requires a thorough understanding of genomic research workflows and how to effectively enable account managers representing products used therein.
Who You Are:
- BS degree with 8+ years’ experience, MS degree with 3+ years’ experience, or PHD.
- Possess relationships with key opinion leaders in functional genomics and gene editing fields.
- Demonstrated success in a Life Science sales role with comfort and familiarity managing a complex sales process in academic, biotech, and pharma accounts.
- Deep understanding of experimental design using CRISPR, Zinc Finger, and other gene editing tools for functional genomic analysis and cell line engineering.
- Comfortable presenting technical scientific information to colleagues, scientists, purchasing agents, and C suite audiences.
- Proficient with Salesforce and other CRM/ERP management systems and familiar with e-procurement platforms such as SAP/Ariba and Jaggaer.
- Energetic, self-motivated, creative, open-minded, curious, passionate and driven to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Excited to travel globally approximately ~25% of the time.
- Teaching, marketing, and product management experience is highly valued.
- Understand the privilege, and have an appropriate sense of obligation, to bring the next generations of leading-edge genomic tools to the hands of scientists engaged in foundational discovery around the globe.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.