A career at Our Company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Purpose of the Role
Within Taiwan to be a strong business partner, working with the MD and BUDs to proactively ensure the strategy can be enabled and implemented through strong financial management.
To provide an accurate picture of the financial situation for the current and future periods and advises operational management on relevant remediation actions and ways for improvement, in collaboration with Global/Regional Controlling & FO team.
To enable the short and long term commercial growth of Our Company Biopharma through establishing and maintaining overall Financial insights, strategies, and provide enabling competencies to the overall business.
As a member of the Country Leadership Team (CLT) work with all CLT members as required by the relevant projects and in line with the behavioral collaborative expectations of “one Our Company leadership team”.
To work in partnership with the Managing Director, Business Unit Directors and in alignment with global GBF to introduce and maintain a successful strategic planning process across brand planning and financial planning.
To be the conduit for Financial Excellence with the region and global teams, ensuring the Our Company region/global partners understand and support the local strategy and plans, and likewise the Taiwan affiliate understands and incorporates regional/global financial needs.
- Key business partner and fully supporting the General Manager of Our Company Biopharma Taiwan by providing appropriate financial information operational and strategic as well as business insights
- Managing all areas of divisional financial support on local level, including but not limited to financial reporting and forecasting, business analysis, asset allocation and working capital management
- Manages the business performance as CLT member and highlights financial risks to the management team, makes proactive recommendations on business improvement
- Builds and updates accurate forecasts (Budget, Trends, Long Range Plan)
- Prepares accurate periodic reporting (Closing & LBE activity, P&L analyses, Business performance KPI's)
- Analyses and explains variances, with market and competition analysis when applicable
- Understands the business dynamics and proactively ensures the business leaders have solid understanding of relevant financial consequences
- Proactive partnership with business areas ensuring best use of financial resources in alignment with strategy, supports projects to execute the business priorities and strategy
- Ensures appropriate follow up of activity-specific areas
- Elaborates business models and performs financial and business analyses and follow-up on new opportunities and acquisitions, incl. Alliances and partnerships
- Ensures effective cooperation with internal counterparts in other departments of the Entity and within other Finance functions
- Ensures Internal control and compliance are enforced, strong collaboration with CFO and FO organization
| || || |
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, Masters’ degree preferred
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
- Working experience in Finance (3-5 years), preferably in Controlling or Strategic Planning
- Success in cross functional leadership as part of a senior leadership team
- Success relationship with regional and/or Global in liaison roles
- Purposeful: Improve lives; act ethically; ensure quality; create customer value
- Future orientated: anticipate opportunities; be entrepreneurial; go digital; apply technology
- Innovative: be open minded; work with agility; unlock creativity; implement change
- Results Driven: give feedback; drive performance; be efficient; take responsibility
- Collaborative: includes others; builds networks; teamwork; think Global
- Empowering: foster talent; develop people; give vision; share emotions
- Strong leadership skills and ability to address critical and challenging situations BU Heads and General Manager
- Strong Communication/Interpersonal skill with convincing arguments
- Strategic thinking as business partner. Always translate business conversations into financials, translate complex/large volume of data/information into a simple story
- Proactive collaboration and ability to see strategic gaps from the financial view, then recommend actions.
- Project Management
- Change management
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Analytical skills and ability to make recommendations to the teams and to senior management
- Business planning & Data analysis skills
- Presentation skills
- Basic Accounting
- Software including Microsoft Office (especially Excel), SAP and Planning tools (GAUSS, TM1, Microsoft etc)
Internally: Managing Director, Business Unit Directors, Country Leadership Team, Regional Controllers, Global Franchise Controllers, HR, IT, other regional and global resources.
Externally: Only in specific cases as e.g. BD negotiations, Alliance Partnerships
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at