A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Sr. Analyst/Manager of Strategy, Analytics will help support strategy development, tracking and execution for the Research Solutions Business Unit of Millipore Sigma, the Life Science sector of Merck KGaA of Darmstadt, Germany. As a member of the Strategy, Analytics & Insights (SA&I) team, you will provide tactical support of a broad range of projects and analyses of high importance to the Research Solutions Leadership Team.
- Supporting the SA&I team toward preparing management presentations and designing/driving strategic projects
- Performing Strategy specific analytical deep-dives such as analyzing internal data (sales, web metrics, operational KPIs, other) to identify performance trends & opportunities, and to inform strategic direction
- Leveraging secondary sources and interfacing with primary market research colleagues & to analyze market trends, to identify potential opportunities
- Driving project management around execution of strategic initiatives, including execution tracking and reporting of key initiatives
Who you are:
- BA/BS in life science or quantitative field; advanced degree (MBA, PhD) preferred
- 2+ yrs in a strategic role within the Life Science tools space (e.g. strategy, product management, market research, other);
- Previous direct strategy experience an asset (e.g. in management consulting)
- A self-starter with excellent problem-solving, project/time management, written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting and build constructive relationships with stakeholders in a matrix organization
- Excellent Excel & PPT skills
- Other analytics platforms (e.g. Tableau, Palantir), ERP systems (e.g. SAP) and BI tools a plus
- Ability to extract insights from data and use it to make informed recommendations and drive decisions
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.