A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: Join us within this exciting and newly created role. As part of the Corporate Affairs team located in our Headquarters in Darmstadt, you will be based in Brussels and will work in close collaboration with our existing European Governmental Affairs team for Healthcare. Within this role you report to the Head of Corporate and Government Relations Europe. Your role as Head of Brussels Office is to represent our organization as a Science and Technology Company and to coordinate the political activities of all 3 business sectors in Brussels. As there is an existing Healthcare team, your main focus will be on supporting and advocating for Life Science and Performance Material at European level. Through a well-established European network in Life Science and/or Performance Material/Innovative Technology, you will provide intelligence on policy, society and technology to help tailor business strategies and generate new opportunities. As VP Corporate & Government Relations Europe, Head of Brussels' Office you will focus on a wide range of internal and external communications, supporting planning and preparing strategic corporate activities at European level. Your landscape of stakeholders includes political, science and academic networks and the European Institutions and partners. In this key function you connect our business leaders to key European stakeholders and decision makers. You will be responsible for position papers and policies, as well as to prepare campaigns, presentations, and analyses for internal and external communications. When entering this new function, one of your first project will to be to coordinate the move of our Offices in Brussels. With an exciting pipeline, successful products and recent awards within each of our businesses, this role presents great possibilities.
Who you are:
- You have a degree in humanity studies, ideally policy or law
- You gained experience within the Chemical or Technology/High tech industry. Given an established and well connected Governmental Affairs team currently representing Healthcare at European level, we are looking for candidates with outside-of-Healthcare expertise & network
- You have experience in the economic/political environment at European level (policy advisory agency, European Institutions, European business associations)
- You have experience in foreign countries and sovereign cooperation with international colleagues of all hierarchical levels
- You have in-depth knowledge of the legal and regulatory EU framework, as well as experience in dealing with complex economic and socio-political contexts at European level
- You have sound leadership experience
- You are fluent in English and ideally speak additional languages
- You possess excellent communication and influencing skills
- You possess a very high level of integrity, positive appearance and assertive strengths
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!