A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: working in our biologics virus production team, you will perform a wide variety of routine tasks to support GMP operations. Responsibilities include performing virus growths required by internal departments, general cell culture, laboratory housekeeping, preparation of reagents, stock control and general equipment maintenance. You will also have the opportunity to be cross trained within the Biorepository department. The ability to maintain effective working relationships will be critical for success in the role. You will be responsible for the performance of routine GLP/GMP studies as required. This role will require a flexible approach as working hours may vary from time to time.
Who you are:
- Degree in Biological discipline.
- 0-2 years' experience in a scientific laboratory role, ideally within a contract testing laboratory environment.
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment (GLP/GMP) would be advantageous
- You are strongly focused on quality and safety
- You have strong planning and organisational skills
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills
- You are self-motivated with strong initiative and drive
- You have a good standard of written and spoken English and are computer literate
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at