A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position will have primary responsibility for advancing Employee and Community Engagement through the company’s global skills-based volunteer program, philanthropic investments and nonprofit partnerships. The Business Partner, Corporate Responsibility, Employee and Community Engagement, will provide guidance and subject matter expertise while creating actionable, measurable strategies for Employee and Community Engagement, building cross-functional support to execute various projects within these areas.
- Provide strategic planning and tactical execution of Employee and Community Engagement initiatives across the company globally
- Manage execution of global employee volunteer program to ensure all programs are executed according to plan, including oversight and support of employee-led site teams to drive continuous program engagement and measurement of community impact.
- Manage multi-year, multi-dimensional key Signature Partnerships in science education and scientific research focus areas, working closely with nonprofit partners to execute related programs and consistently track impacts.
- Manage Localized Partnership program in alignment with strategy, working closely with employee-led site teams and nonprofit partners around the world to process and review grant applications and subsequent contributions.
- Implement systems and processes related to philanthropic investments, nonprofit partnerships, employee volunteerism and employee programs to drive engagement and efficiency.
- Create a framework for metrics and tracking procedures related to Employee and Community Engagement Programs and compile metrics on consistent bases.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, including Legal, Compliance, HR and Communications for program execution.
- Prepare internal and external communications related to promoting Employees and Community Engagement programs.
- Draft and deliver compelling presentations to inform and excite internal and external stakeholders about programs and activities.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1+ years in corporate responsibility/community engagement, business, communications, social work or related discipline
- 1+ years Project Management experience with the ability to deliver multiple concurrent projects from inception through execution while meeting deadlines
- 1+ years of experience working with cross-functional, global teams
- 1+ years of experience designing, managing, executing and evaluating programs and projects
- 1+ years of experience working with Microsoft Office tools, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven track record of successfully working with internal and external stakeholders to resolve complex problems and create unique solutions
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and participate as effective team member
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of building trust among stakeholders and developing highly effective and collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated ability to independently set and meet goals and objectives
- Passion for corporate responsibility and community engagement
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.