A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Responsible for all purchasing and raw material inventory at the site, must be able to establish and develop a robust material strategy and execution plan
- Maintain adequate supply levels, demand trend analysis focused on pro-active signals to the supply base
- Ensures all purchase orders are placed in support of Jaffrey Operations, commodities include molded components, packaging, chemicals and membrane
- Must be able to manage and partner with >100 suppliers with a focus on Joint Process Improvement (JPI)
- Responsible for a capital execution budget of >2M focused entirely on molded components
- Develop, implement and manage cross-functional, fully integrated planning process that also incorporates a technical molding team of engineers
- Capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material and associated cost elements.
- Coordinate with cross-functional business teams to develop the best economic strategy for production planning to support customer demand
- Must be able to partner with a warehouse logistics team relative to Just in Time (JIT) and other lean initiatives
- Manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets
- Monitor and report supplier scorecard performance with a focus on delivery and quality
- Adhere to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and matters that affect purchasing policies
- Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, and operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and monitoring schedule to proactively identify and address any issues.
- Achieves financial objectives by working with management to prepare the materials budget, schedule and operations plan annually
- Participates as a member of the operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions.
- Participates in MRB and CAR meetings to resolve quality issues working with both internal and external resources.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing, Process Engineering and Quality to achieve cost reduction targets
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies that adhere to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Strong collaborative leader, inspires vision, leads by example and motivates people so as to create a challenging, empowering, and collaborative working environment.
- Good technical writing, documentation, and record keeping skills.
- Strong analytical problem solving ability and ability to deliver results within tight deadlines.
- Ability to contribute in a cross functional collaborative environment
- Travel to A/B suppliers for business reviews and collaboration around cost, schedule and quality, includes international travel
- Ability to develop and implement new programs and tools as the business evolves
- Partners with product development on new product introduction relative to materials
Who You Are:
- High degree of self-reliance required, must thrive in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Strong risk and opportunity management skills
- Strong coaching, time management and leadership competencies
- Ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Six Sigma and lean manufacturing experience desired
- > 5yrs of Supply Chain, Procurement and/or Operations experience
- Bachelor’s degree with Bioscience/Biotech industry experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal) to work cross-functionally
- Comprehensive understanding of materials requirements and supply planning
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.