A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This key position is responsible for leading a team in a high energy, face paced and dynamic environment focused on delivering best-in-class service and support for our MilliporeSigma Research Sales teams. Our Customer Excellence leaders must identify opportunities for improvement in out team members, in our service delivery strategy, processes, policies, training, reference materials, systems, measurements and coaching.
- Manage a cross functional team that supports the Research and Applied Sales organization in North America (Research, Applied, BioMonitoring, MCBS, Lab Water)
- Primary business relationship for Customer Excellence into the sales organization
- Responsible for all Sales Support related back office activities
- Strong understanding of the sales process including all tools, reporting, sales strategies, sales goals and objectives
- Build and maintain a culture to promote the development and implementation of industry best practices including Service Level Agreements/KPIs and Dashboards in agreement with the respective Heads of Sales
- Recommend process improvements to the current sales processes
- Prepare and present Quarterly Business Reviews with respective sales management team. Travel required.
- Establish strong network with Business Partners (Customer Excellence Effectiveness, Tech Service, Supply Chain, Distribution, Customer Care, IT, Commercial Excellence)
- Ensures proper usage of tools, data integrity, perform regular tracking of activities and assess performance against defined targets.
- Strong internal network and cross-divisional/functional knowledge is required to ensure aligned processes and provide high quality support/services.
- Ensures understanding of divisional strategies and integrates into daily activities.
- Continually enhances the skill level of his/her organization by investing in the development and learning of the organization’s employees, and by actively participating in the selection of external talent.
- Promotes a climate of positive employee relations to develop and manage talent.
- Challenges themselves and others by managing employee performance by regular coaching session, including the timely completion of performance appraisals and mid-year reviews, regular feedback, and appropriate action planning.
- Respect, live and share with external and internal customers the Company’s values
Who you are:
- BS degree 8+ years professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related educational field strongly preferred
- Management experience in a multicultural and matrix environment strongly desired. Sales experience preferred.
- Strong coaching and communication skills to develop and motivate people
- Strong organization and management skills; ability to track and monitor key priorities and resource allocations
- Ability to analyze and to solve problems/conflicts
- Commercial attitude, understanding of area market needs and trends
- Strong communication and presentation skills both internally and externally
- Communicate and negotiate with peers, higher management and team members in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Demonstrates strong leadership qualities, including people management & employee development
- Successful experience in integration, migrating business and process improvements
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.