A career at Our Company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The candidate will work closely with China colleagues to support all relevant parts of the Life Science business including negotiating and advising on business transactions, strategic projects, operational matters, as well as ensuring compliance with relevant legislation. The candidate will report to the Regional Lead Counsel APAC (Life Science), based in Singapore. The candidate is required to have solid PRC law knowledge and related experience gained from either international law firms, reputable Chinese law firms or Multi National Corporations.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide legal and commercial transactional support to the Life Science business in China: Draft, review, negotiate and advise on a wide variety of corporate and commercial agreements for the supply and purchase of products / services, distribution arrangements; warehouse and logistics agreements; confidentiality agreements; information systems agreements; business development agreements; and the like for the Life Science business.
- Provide advice, support and apply problem-solving skills on a variety of matters including but not related to dispute resolution, HR matters, competition law, e-commerce law etc.
- Work closely and collaboratively with cross functional teams such as compliance, regulatory, trade compliance, government affairs and various other group functions both locally and globally.
- Provide trainings for in-house business teams on legal topics and processes, as well as developing local templates to facilitate work efficiencies.
- Undertake duties as and when assigned by the Regional Lead Counsel, APAC, Life Science.
- Occasional travel required.
Who you are:
- At least 8 years working experience as a qualified attorney.
- Life Science or Healthcare industry experience would be beneficial but not a must.
- Familiarity and experience with e-commerce / digital / cybersecurity laws a plus.
- Qualified lawyer in mainland China.
- Additional foreign bar qualification is a plus.
- Excellent command of English with strong drafting skills in both English and Chinese.
SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A commercially-minded team player who is solution-oriented, independent and resourceful, and is efficient and effective in delivering legal support.
- Someone who possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate with both top management and entry level employees effectively and respectfully.
- Someone that is well-organized and is able to work under pressure and tight timelines.
- A self-motivated individual.
Functional Area: Legal
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at