A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Account Manager serves as the primary point of contact for generating sales from existing or new customers for an assigned territory or assigned accounts. This position focuses on selling the complete Actives and Formulation product line, including services, to assigned accounts with support from Technology Specialists, Process Development Scientists, Systems Specialists as well as headquarters-based application support and service personnel. The Account Manager is expected to utilize the available tools and resources to secure sales and purchase orders while meeting financial objectives. The Account Manager must document and report sales activity and share account knowledge.
Assigned Territory includes: Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia
Responsibilities Include and Not Limited To:
- Meets or exceed sales or order targets and seeding targets - must be comfortable “asking” for the business and securing purchase orders
- Partner with management to assess future business and contribute to accurate sales forecast
- Initiates customer contact/visits with existing and prospective customers.
- Ability to learn and work with Contact / Customer Management Systems (SFDC, SAP NEXT) and Sales Reporting Systems
- Ability manage through influence in a global organization and being comfortable with change
- Expected to develop necessary account knowledge to assess needs and deliver the appropriate solutions to address customer needs while securing revenue.
- Comfortable coordinating internal resources to address customer needs
- Comfortable negotiating price discussions with customers while asking for purchase orders
- Comfortable presenting MilliporeSigma products/solutions to customers.
- May support a Global Strategic Account located within the region.
- Requires participation in company meetings and / or conference calls
- Influences customers and diffuses potential problems. Anticipates the customer’s needs and identifies appropriate alternatives.
- Demonstrates solid account profiling skills including the ability to develop a detailed account strategy, analyze market share and maintain a strong understanding of industry dynamics.
- Consultants to Sr Level Management (Sales & Marketing) :
- Represents Voice of the Customer, and Voice of the Field feedback to internal partners
- Act as Field Champions for new Products or Programs
- Act as a change agent through organizational shifts – can easily adapt to unexpected changing circumstances
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of the organization’s entire product line
- Works with close supervision and receives detailed instructions and assignments and completes them on time when required
- Is comfortable moving between scientific discussions and financial conversations
- Performs basic sales or service tasks under self-direction
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams, work across multiple parts of the organization and work with diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Other items as needed
Who you are:
- BS Degree required
- 3+ years of experience in a Pharma regulated product cycle environment with an understanding of Pharma organizations needs.
- 3+ years of direct sales experience meeting and exceeding sales targets
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.