A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
About Milwaukee R&D: Milwaukee R&D is involved in innovation and new technologies development in Biomedical Materials areas. We focus on enabling scientific communities with new reagents and tools to solves challenges in life science.
Associate Scientist provides much needed support in innovation and product commercialization for the realization of R&D mission. Under the supervision of a Sr. Scientist/R&D leaders, Associate Scientist will work in multidisciplinary areas of biomedical formulations for Drug Delivery and Bioprinting. This individual would contribute to the new technology development and ideation of products. Associate Scientist would also participate in collaborations with our partners in Business Development, Product Management, Sales, and Manufacturing. This individual is expected to set a high-quality standard for accuracy, in following good laboratory practices, and in complying with all safety regulations.
Who you are:
- M.S. in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biomedical engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry or related areas of science or B.S. with at least 3 plus years working experience in biomedical industries
- Hands on experience in cell culture with mammalian cell lines, both adherent and non-adherent cell lines
- Maintaining cell lines, carrying out basic in-vitro toxicity assays, viability studies, 3D cell culture, immunoassays transfection studies with formulations.
- Acquaintance with general analytical techniques such as cell counter, microplate reader, microscopy, ELISA, UV-Vis, DLS.
- Familiarity of drug delivery and bioink formulations is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of working with nanoparticle-based drug delivery and bioink formulations is a big plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.