A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The ideal candidate will execute bio-conjugation process chemistry development campaigns and transfer the technology to deliver consistent and cost-effective production processes to GMP manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leverage experience in protein biochemistry and/or conjugation chemistry to on-board/develop, optimize and scale up bio-conjugation process chemistry unit operations.
- Effectively work with key stakeholders to technology transfer time sensitive bio-conjugation production processes to GMP manufacturing.
- Utilize experience in protein/oligonucleotide biochemistry for generic analysis and characterization of protein/oligonucleotide conjugates.
- Troubleshoot bio-conjugate production process non-conformances and deliver data driven solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry or related discipline
- 1+ years of experience working in research and development
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry or related discipline and 3+ years working experience in research and development
- Experience related to chemical and/or enzymatic conjugation of small molecule payloads to biopolymer scaffolds would be a strong plus
- Experience in protein or oligonucleotide purification at both the bench and production scale employing state of the art chromatographic and ultrafiltration unit operations desired
- Experience in bio-conjugation process chemistry development and optimization, including the use of Design of Experiments approaches a strong plus
- Record of high project impact when working on multidisciplinary teams
- Strong communication skills including timely and concise written and oral communications to both external and internal project stakeholders
- Attention to detail in planning, execution and documentation of experimental work
What we offer: At MilliporeSigma, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.