A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Position: Channel Manager, Life Science (Tokyo)
Responsible for achieving sales goals for Life Science Channel Sales for specific product groups but not limited to like Instrument analytical solvents, Lab productivity solvents and Inorganic reagents (sales primarily generated from dealer/distributor channels to end customers) for the country and managing the business relationship with channel partners and end customers. Develop strategic plans and drive execution. Provide line of sight into business performance through forecasting, reporting and pipeline management. Work closely with Operations team to ensure timely supply of made to serve and order products. Develop and deploy innovative and digital initiatives to improve reach and visibility to drive growth for assigned product portfolios. Operate with fiscal responsibility. Manage, coach and develop a team enabling achievement of assigned goals and career progression
Essential Job Functions
Lead and direct the Channel Sales management for the Business Unit:
- Accountable for the Channel Sales product portfolio target for the country, and managing the business relationship with channel partners (dealers) and end customers
- Develop and implement a channel management system which is to ensure a customer-centric commercial strategy for both dealers and end customers for the business
- Define specific implementation plans to enable the channel sales team to drive sustainable above market growth for assigned R&A products.
- Co-work with the Customer Experience & Sales Enablement team to execute products marketing activities, including localize promotion, marketing communications, trade-shows & customer training, and to ensure these activities are followed under Brand guidance.
- Collaborate with Commercial marketing and Customer Excellence team to roll out initiatives into market both at dealer and end customer level.
- Manage the contract terms/ discount/ activities cost to maximize profitability.
- Able to understand dealer/distributor’s P&L of the business so as to lead a good negotiation with the dealer owners.
- Manage and supervise the dealer to ensure they conduct business in a fully compliance with company policy.
- Periodically review the go-to-market, digital and e-commerce strategy execution with the country head along with Sales Managers, Commercial Marketing, Customer Excellence, Integrated Supply Chain Office (ISCO).
- Provide leadership, direction and inspiration for the country channel sales organization
- Develop Long term, annual and mid-term business plans for the country team in order to meet goals for channel sales and profit growth and establish monthly and quarterly forecasting processes within the organization
- Drive change processes and initiatives within direct team and set-up regular communication forums with all stakeholders including in other functional areas like ISCO and Finance.
- Develop performance culture within the team to build future leadership pipeline and talent pool.
- Develops and implements commercial strategies by leverage channel sales to reach a higher sales efficiency.
- Master’s in science, MBA or advanced business or technical degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years sales and leadership experience. Relevant industry experience required
Knowledge and Skills
- Business knowledge of Life Science industry, including products, strategy, processes, way of operating, cultural awareness
- Strategic mind set, Ability to influence and Business acumen
- Demonstrated and proven ability to partner with cross functional leadership to define the optimal business and customer solution to drive above market growth
- Strong customer affinity and knowledge
- Experiences in managing distributor/dealer business, understand the P&L of dealer
- Experienced in leading and inspiring teams, preferably within a virtual environment
- Strong networking skills externally and internally
- Strong commercial expertise and experienced in operational sales & marketing activities
- Team oriented, with strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of delivering results & meeting commitments
- Flexible and willing to travel
- Able to manage conflicts and ability to lead critical discussions.
- Professional and above communication skills in both English and Japanese.
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com