A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Project Manager (2) is responsible for a number of projects within a single division including low to high complexity projects. If any project is part of a larger program, the PM2 is responsible for ensuring information is shared with the Program Manager where applicable and the project proceeds to meet the timelines and specifications of the program. PM2 are responsible for establishing and directing project teams within their own division.
As a member of the commercial team interacting directly with clients in Singapore, the country-based Project Manager (2) plays a role in establishing, maintaining and solidifying the business relationships with clients.
PM2 also has the responsibility to work with the country-based PMs to initiate client discussions when necessary to re-confirm project specifications set out by the Account Manager. PM2 establishes project schedule, communicates effectively with all stakeholders, and maintains a centralized file of key milestones and historical information. They are accountable for the accurate assembly, analysis and reporting of metrics around client service, quality and communication, both internally and externally.
As part of the training for the PM2, the Global Program Management web site and the PM Warehouse (or equivalent) are used as the source of PMO templates, guidance documents, and project execution requirements.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsible for establishing and enhancing business relationships with clients based mainly in Singapore, by having phone discussions, occasional face-to-face meetings at client sites and working closely with the local and regional Account Management, Development Services and Marketing teams.
Responsible for project management of assigned client accounts ensuring that projects meet timelines and all specifications of the project are fulfilled. The Project Manager (2) (PM2) is mainly responsible for engaging with the Singapore facility to ensure that project teams are established and coordinated. The PM2 utilizes Project Management methodologies and interpersonal skills in all phases of low to high complexity projects.
Manages client accounts and projects as assigned, ensuring clients are successfully engaged in BioReliance systems and processes.
- B.S. in Life Sciences; M.S. in the Life Sciences is preferred.
- Courses in Project Management are beneficial.
- Familiar with working with Singaporean and regional clients.
- Experience in hosting multi-site conference calls across continents.
- Greater than 4 years of client facing experience
- Experience in Project Management, in particular running scientific projects would be ideal
- 3-5 years’ experience in a job where good verbal and written communication skills were required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (TOEIC: 850 and above or equivalent)
- Effective in dealing directly with clients, operational teams, and commercial colleagues, globally
- A proactive approach to all aspects of customer service
- Experience with database maintenance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to exercise good judgment
- Problem solving skills
- Good information management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is necessary
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project and Microsoft PowerPoint is preferable but not required
- Ability to exercise good judgment
What we offer: At our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com