A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono the Associate Scientist is responsible for supporting early formulation research of small molecule therapeutics, from first in-vivo studies through first-in-human clinical trials. They will be responsible for all laboratory experiments including miniaturized formulation and stability studies, analytical methods development and solid-state characterization.
The Associate Scientist will be responsible to track and manage the lab activities, properly document all experiments performed and upkeep the instrumentation. This role is in the Pharmaceutical Technologies function and works closely with Medicinal Chemistry, Drug Metabolism & Pharmacokinetics and In-Vivo Pharmacology.
- As an expert in small molecule preclinical formulation you will be a key player in designing the first formulations for in-vivo experiments through first-in-human clinical formulation.
- Evaluate data, create reports and present findings to CMC leadership and project teams.
- Responsible for day-to-day analytical development, pre-formulation and formulation activities.
- Maintain efficient, innovative and GRP-compliant internal processes.
- Active contribution to CMC-projects and activities in preclinical research and compound characterization reports.
Who you are:
- B.S. degree and 1+ plus year of experience in pharmaceutical research environment
- M.S. degree
- BS degree with 3 plus years of industry experience
- MS degree with 2 plus years of industry experience in small molecule formulation in a biopharmaceutical company preferred
- In-depth knowledge of pre-clinical formulation development for small molecules
- In-depth knowledge of small molecule pharmaceutical analytics, including liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, solid state characterization, and stability assessments
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with strong team-oriented skills in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
- Proven ability to manage activities on multiple complex projects in parallel
- A team player that is customer orientated
- Familiarity with quality systems for non-regulated research
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.