A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
A new opportunity has been identified for a Senior Microbiologist to join our team in Glasgow. We’re looking for an experienced professional, proven in a commercial/industrial environment who can bring technical leadership to the team. This is a hugely interesting role and a fabulous opportunity to develop while working on some interesting and high-profile projects.
Working within our Microbiology team, you will have the technical expertise to advise and support GLP / GMP operations. Responsibilities include reviewing proposals, acting as Study Director/Responsible Scientist on complex projects, responding to routine assay sales enquiries, reviewing and monitoring assay performance and leading scientific trouble shooting discussions during investigations. You will maintain an in-depth understanding of our services and technical principles as well as advances in the field. The ability to maintain effective working relationships with development services, sales and laboratory personnel will be critical for success in this role.
Who you are:
- You have a BSC in Microbiology or associated Biological Science discipline with considerable experience in a scientific laboratory role, ideally within a GLP / GMP contract testing laboratory environment.
- You are strongly focused on quality and safety
- You have strong planning and organisational skills
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills
- You are self-motivated with strong initiative and drive
- You will have strong personal and interpersonal skills.
- You have a good standard of written and spoken English and are computer literate, ideally with prior knowledge of working with LIMS.
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com