A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Data Scientist, you are expected to act as a subject matter expert and key contributor in the execution of data science projects. You will be responsible for the mathematical modeling of our business problems, the development of algorithms and applications to solve these problems and helping our internal customers to understand and implement the results. You will also support the Data Science organization by providing specialized support and training to other data science to team members especially in the areas of cloud technologies and data mining. The ability to collaborate effectively with other technology specialists is essential – a broad background in technologies is required.
Who You Are:
For the Data Scientist position, we are considering experienced candidates with high analytical problem-solving skills. A strong interest in scientific and technical work is required. Candidates are expected to have consulting capabilities, with the ability to communicate effectively in an international team environment. The ideal candidate covers the following expertise areas:
- B.S. in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or a similar field
- At least 4 years of professional experience
- Strong in mathematics and statistics, coding, and cloud-infrastructure
- Software development experience
- Proven track record of successfully delivering solutions to complex technical challenges
- Leadership skills to guide a project team from a commercial, technical and scientific perspective
- Learn new mathematical or technical methods quickly and with little guidance
- High energy, clear goal orientation and strong work ethic; “can do” attitude
- Ability to deliver clear, concise presentations to non-scientific audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent English is a must, German is a plus
- Technical experience is required in most of the following areas:
- Mathematical modeling, for example in: TensorFlow, SciPy, Pandas, R.
- Software architectures: n-tier, SOA, APIs
- Database servers, for example: SAP HANA, Hadoop, Google BigQuery, ORACLE, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, MongoDB, Postgres
- Database programming: SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
- Data warehousing/reporting/ETL, for example SAP BusinessObjects, Palantir Foundry
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Cloud Technologies: Google Compute, Amazon AWS
- Scalable Architectures: Apache Spark
- Operating Systems: strong Linux, understanding of Mac, Windows
- Web Technologies: HTML, Json, XML, programmatic and distributed data collection
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.