A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Provides solutions to problems based on practice, existing precedents or procedures. Use discretion to modify work practices and processes to achieve results or improve efficiency. Impacts the effectiveness of own work team through quality of services or information provided; typically acts as an informal resource for less experienced colleagues.
First Shift – Monday – Friday
Essential Job Functions
- Load and unload freight
- Use SAP for inventory, orders, and receiving of materials
- Operate required equipment to produce documents for workload
- Locate, move, deliver or return all required materials to proper areas
- Prepares materials for shipment
- Accurately document all movement of materials
- Audit inventory locations to maintain inventory and location accuracy
- Follow procedures to complete full location audits
- Verifies chemicals, catalog number, lot number, special requests information, unit size and weights against order documentation found in packing instructions
- Prints and applies all required labels and markings to box to comply with hazardous materials regulations
- Condenses, straightens, and maintains warehouse areas
- Works with team leads and supervisors to troubleshoot systems issues.
- Assists with training new employees
- Reports unsafe or potentially unsafe hazards to team leads or any member of management
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
- Is frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
- The work area may occasionally be wet, humid, or abnormally hot or cold.
- The employee must be able to talk, hear, taste and smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds unassisted. Employee may be required to move more than 60 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office equipment.
- The employee is also required to type at a computer keyboard and have the ability to read CRTs/computer monitors.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma, GED or HSED Required
- 1+ year of work experience in shipping regulation and shipping of hazardous materials.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a professional manner with all levels of staff both orally and written.
- Ability to read, hear, speak and understand English language.
- Ability to work in a group setting.
- Ability to operate PCs, scanners, printers, CRTs, shipping equipment (meters, tape machines) and various cutting instruments.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to understand basic shipping regulations.
- Ability work quickly and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-pace environment.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.