A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Head of Operations for Aseptic Pleated Devices, the Engineering Manager is an integral member of the operational leadership team and as such participates in providing strategic direction for the Aseptic Filtration franchise. The Engineering Mgr. leads technical aspects of the manufacturing operation focused on improving process capability, reducing EHS and quality related risks and increasing equipment OEE performance and capacity. This position frequently collaborates with R&D, technical field teams and customers on various initiatives. The aseptic pleated device franchise is a high-volume operation experiencing high growth.
- Implements technical strategies to improve process capability, reduce safety/quality risks and increase productivity.
- Builds a highly functioning, engaged, positive organization and culture that is open to learning
- Develop teams that can solve complex problems & implement sustainable solutions.
- Develop and manage budget with fiscal responsibility.
- Develops and executes a capital strategy to ensure supply reliability, EHS & quality goals are met.
- Ensures a strong, active partnership between operations and external business partners.
Who You Are:
- Degree in Engineering, manufacturing technology or equivalent
- Working knowledge of quality principles, methods and Lean Six Sigma
- Lean or Six Sigma certification (Green or Black Belt) a plus
- Five plus years progressive leadership experience within an FDA regulated manufacturing environment
- Clear understanding of SPC, TQM and quality systems
- Familiarity with ISO, cGMP,EU MDR and other regulatory requirements in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to stay focused under pressure with strong pragmatic decision-making skills
- Ability to collaborate and influence across organization, cultures and functions.
- Strong risk management skills
- Ability to lead and influence within a matrix organization.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.