A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
In this context, you will be responsible for supporting the project portfolio management process on a cross-functional and regional level and ensure close alignment with the related portfolio managers, IT PMO and IT Controlling. Next to creating transparency on portfolios, budgets and project health, you will be responsible for managing the community of portfolio managers and related planning activities.
A proactive and collaborative mindset, strong analytical and conceptual skills as well as sound interpersonal and communication skills are critical success factors.
Monitor & report financial performance, quality and time of projects to project team
As a member of PME team responsible for managing PPMC Proposals, Projects, Monthly project Review files, supporting financial forecasting F1,F2,F3 process, Op planning, NPV, External Spend, tracking Purchase order, receiving and invoicing process for IMF/NA Project portfolio
- Develop regional SOP’s for project managers based on Merck PME guidance and deliver training to project managers
- Provide Project Portfolio Reports on a regular basis, create and test ad-hoc reports
- Ensure portfolio consistency and data quality, report on deviations
- Review forecast, actuals and status of each portfolio entry and ensure consistency and data quality as well alignment with target
- Review project deliverables to ensure that they are in line with Merck SDLC standards
- Report and follow-up on deviations and investigate inconsistencies (Finance, Milestones, timelines, quality and deliverables)
- Interact with Project Leaders to ensure correct reporting and adherence to timelines
- Act as SPOC for inquiries and provide guidance on process, workflow and tool usage (HP PPMC), provide support where required (e.g. SDLC process support)
- Prepare, organize and run monthly meetings with portfolio managers (PME meetings), distribute meeting minutes and follow-up on actions
- Prepare and provide training sessions on tool and process
- Closely interact with IT Controlling, IT PMO and Planning Process Owner
- Support the yearly planning process by collecting and managing new project proposals and working directly with Project Managers to ensure only approved projects are created
- Support periodic re planning process whenever the business priority changes
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline required.
- 5+ Years of PME experience.
- Degree in Business Informatics or Business Administration or equivalent
- PMI Certification
- 5+ Years in project portfolio, project management or project support activities
- Managing 10+ Mil USD cross functional and divisional portfolios
- Good understanding of Finance and Controlling processes, analytical skills
- Extensive IT knowledge and experience with MS Excel and analytical tools (Qlik Report)
- Strong personality with good communication skills, stays calm and resilient under pressure
- Experience in interacting with remote team members in an international environment
- Very good organizational skills and result orientation, persistent on collecting input
- Experience with modern communication and collaboration platforms
- Excellent spoken and written English
Essential and Critical Skills
- Ability to collaborate, partner effectively with others to get work done
- Ability to motivate and influence others without having direct control
- Customer service orientation
- Superior analytical ability
- Superior communication skills
- Highly organized
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com