A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are seeking a driven, strategic minded individual who has a strong life science technical background combined with experience working with customers/Commercial teams and Operations on business development and market development of products/services to serve as Product Manager for LSR Custom and Bulk Services Business in the Life Sciences Industry.
This individual would be part of a global product management team within the larger Life Science and Reagents Business Field, whose mission is to lead/participate in key areas that comprise the business model for Custom and Bulk Services. As a member of the Global Product Management function at MilliporeSigma your role as Product Manager is to act as the frontline manager for his/her responsibility. This includes decision making, reporting, and communication within the role as well as collaboratively working with cross-functional teams that are needed to support the role and the business.
This individual would play a central role in portfolio enhancement initiatives and process optimizations key to growing the Custom and Bulk Services business, as well as project managing quote development opportunities from our global Sales Force.
This role would collaborate closely as a peer among other members of the Custom and Bulk Services Team as well as the Life Science and Reagents Team and with our global Commercial and Operational Teams.
*Position to be located in St Louis, MO
- Product/Project Manager for Custom and Bulk/Variable opportunities – working with sales and customers to determine project design, working with internal partners to define viable options
- Co-development and execute POA (plans of action) that align with the strategies of the larger organization including the R&D, Operations, and Commercial Teams
- Support key product line management functions, including evaluation of product lifecycle and profitability, interactions/requirements of key functions.
- Participate in programs to create internal awareness of the Custom & Bulk Services strategy - including tactics, training, customer insight and the connection between the work our colleagues perform and the value to our customers.
- Develop a fundamental understanding of technologies, processes and operations mechanisms that drive the existing portfolio.
- Contribute to developing strategic initiatives needed to advance the Portfolio strategy, including strategic fit, critical value proposition, potential for leverage.
- Build a culture of trust and business driven innovation.
- Ability to travel – which may be approximately 10% - 20% of time
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a biological-based science program
- 2+ years of experience with product management/sales/marketing of life science products and/or services
- MBA desired
- Understanding of the operational workflow and experience in a make to order business model preferred
- Experience in Project Management, including excellent time management skills, organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to create and present materials appropriate to the level of audience in a clear, concise manner, across various collaboration tools with internal & external individuals in remote locations
- Experience working with customers to understand their needs and develop solutions
- Knowledge of consultative selling method
- Experience in customer visits and tradeshows with a focus in securing VOC, identifying unmet needs and understanding market dynamics
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.