A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Conduct Process Engineering activities associated with new manufacturing processes or improving existing manufacturing processes. Statistical performance of processes and process equipment in order to ensure minimum variability or product quality from developed systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Experience in process simulations
- Conduct experiments to generate data that supports investigations for both internal and external customers
- Technology Transfer support including documentation development and implementation
- Maintenance of Technology Transfer Product database(s) and workflow systems
- Development support for new products and new processes
- Design and conduct experiments as required to support new/custom product applications for both internal and external customers
- Conduct batch record analyses to identify process critical parameters in order to further study to establish process parameter operational thresholds
- Write protocols and report results of studies conducted
- Work with Production, Maintenance, Process Development, QC and QA to ensure existing manufacturing processes remain in control
- Initiate, propose and implement optimization projects to reduce quality incidents, manufacturing costs, cycle times and/or increase product yield. Develop project justification and capital project proposal when required
- Takes part in and contributes to a safe working environment by following corporate and departmental safety regulations
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
- Is frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time.
Who You Are
- B.S. in chemical engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, biology or other scientific discipline is required.
- Effective communication skills, with all levels of technical and operating personnel, both internal and external.
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective scientific problem solving skills
- Effective customer service skills and the ability to interact with customers and co-workers in a productive manner
- Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.