A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono the Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology and Radiotherapy will be responsible for the hands-on execution of in vivo immunopharmacology studies with a focus on the application of precision, image-guided radiotherapy in experimental mouse tumor models. You will be responsible for developing mouse tumor radiotherapy models using the Xstrahl Small Animal Radiation Research Platform (SARRP) and will provide hands-on technical expertise to support the non-clinical development of novel radiotherapy/immune-oncology combination therapies. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with teams across drug development programs and drive forward initiatives evaluating novel cancer immunotherapy approaches in combination with radiotherapy.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Medical or Life Sciences discipline and 3+year’s experience with designing and conducting immune oncology or oncology in vivo pharmacology studies using various mouse syngeneic and xenograft tumor models
- Master’s degree and 2+ years of experience
- The candidate will be proficient in handling rodents (rats, and mice), able to prepare drug formulations, administer compounds via various routes (IV, PO, IP), and collect blood or tissue samples for analysis.
- Candidates with hands on experience operating the Xstrahl Small Animal Radiation Research Platform will be given highest priority.
- Candidates with hands-on experience conducting small animal research studies involving live imaging (e.g. micro-CT, IVIS imaging, MRI) are preferred.
- The candidate will be proficient in data collection/documentation all study results in the form of lab notebook reports and, as needed, contribute to the authorship of regulatory submission documents.
- The candidate will demonstrate the ability to work in a diverse team setting and collaborate effectively on complex projects, troubleshoot effectively and think proactively.
- A background in oncology, immunology or cancer immunology, is desired.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.