A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Work with cluster users to determine needs and develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Ensure adherence to security and privacy practices within the system configuration
- Follow strict configuration management policies
- Work with the team to define and implement methodologies and standards within the organization
- Automate systems administration tasks utilizing open source configuration management tools
- Diagnose HPC applications operational problems quickly and effectively
- Installation of new software and configuration of software packages and adjustment to user requirements
- maintenance and creation of user accounts and user rights
- maintenance of the backup system
- Document system administration procedures for routine and complex tasks
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years Professional Linux experience
- 2+ years cluster management experience
- 2+ years storage experience
- Experience with parallel and multiprocessing programming interfaces including OpenACC, MPI, and/or OpenMP.
- Experience with common scientific software and libraries such as python, R, chem-informatics libraries.
- Experience with HPC Schedulers and Resource Managers such as Slurm.
- Strong scripting skills in shell and/or python
- Ability to use, and build ways to use, automation frameworks
- Must have strong Linux experience.
- Must have experience with cluster management & storage.
- Must have proficiency with Unix/Linux Shell scripting.
- Computer BS/MS or equivalent
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com