A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Under close supervision, the Production Associate participates in entry-level production duties such as filling, labeling, packaging, shipping and other duties as assigned in a laboratory/manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains the filling area stock and cleanliness as needed for continuous use.
- Practices sterile techniques during the use of equipment specific to filling tasks.
- Utilizes micropipettes, repeater pipettes, and pump systems to extract and dispense solutions into appropriate container, according to standard operating procedures.
- Assembles and washes dispensers used for product filling.
- Prints and applies product labels based on a production plan.
- Packages products using standardized techniques and practices.
- Stocks area inventories as necessary.
Other duties may be assigned to best serve the Company and its Customers. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General Responsibilities and Authority:
- Understands, supports, and communicates Company mission, vision, and values.
- Understands and follows the requirements of the quality system.
- Initiates actions as necessary to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformance related to the product, process, or the quality system.
- Identifies and documents any problems related to the product, process, or the quality system.
- Recommends, provides, or initiates solutions by actively providing suggestions for improvement.
- Exercises control over further processing of nonconforming product until resolution has been made.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Mathematical: Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide three digit numbers.
- Read/Analyze/Interpret: Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and e-mails.
- Write: Able to write simple correspondence and e-mails.
- Speak: Able to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group situations of employees of the organization.
- Computer Skills: Experience with emails and calendaring required. Prefer experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Customer Service: Responds promptly to internal customer needs from other departments.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration, presents a professional image in all business matters.
- Productivity: Meets productivity standards; strives to increase productivity without sacrificing quality and safety.
- Quality: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Continuous Improvement: Regularly submits Suggestions for Improvements (SFIs).
- Ethics: Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Diversity: Promotes a harassment-free environment; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Teamwork: Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; supports others’ efforts to succeed.
- Safety: Observes safety procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions.
- Planning/Organizing: Manages time and prioritizes work to meet deadlines; able to multi-task with numerous interruptions.
- Judgment: Makes timely decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Correctable vision is required.
- Physical requirements include frequent sitting, use of hands, reaching with hands and arms; occasional talking, hearing, standing, and lifting; seldom will stoop or crouch.
- Must be able to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs. on occasion without assistance.
- This position is that of a normal production office and has a moderate noise level (computers, printers, light traffic)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Who You Are
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- 1 year production experience required.
- 1+ years’ experience working in an FDA or other regulated industry preferred.
- 1+ year experience working in a lab environment using pipet skills preferred
- 1+ years Lean manufacturing experience preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience in using SAP or other ERP systems) preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.