A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Provide supervision of the Quality Control department which is responsible for testing and release of raw materials, supporting manufacturing by providing timely results of in-process testing, and conducting final release testing
- Supporting efforts to ensure the laboratory is compliant with regulatory requirements including oversight of the training program for QC personnel, maintenance and calibration of instrumentation
- Schedules and coordinates daily work load for laboratory analysts ensuring efficient use of resources with minimum product turnaround times.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, technical and non-technical, at local, regional and global levels.
- Works cooperatively and effectively in a team environment to achieve common goals and results
- Perform risk assessments and understand how to approach and complete tasks, avoiding serious delays and consideration of expenditure of time and resources with proactive communication
- Identifies areas for improvement and take action to undertake them through leadership and delegation to other members of the department.
- Review of analytical data produced. Maintain accurate and concise records.
- Direct management of analytical investigations and testing of intermediate and finished goods.
- May perform routine and non-routine tests as required to include visual and color evaluation.
- Utilize Visual acuity / normal color vision
- Additional duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science related field.
- 3+ years of experience working in analytical chemistry following laboratory procedures
- Supervisory experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- Experience and fluency in SAP
- Lean and Six Sigma Experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.