A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Collections Analyst, you will work in a fun, fast-paced, and dynamic team environment focused on delivering a better customer experience. In this role, you will be directly engaged in the order-to-cash process while supporting the activity of the Shared Business Services Collection team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Valuates credit worthiness of new and existing customers based on credit reports, references, and other available data.
- Exercises order release authority and assignment of credit limits as defined by Corporate policies and procedures.
- Timely processing of orders on credit hold. Includes proper on-line notations and communication to field sales and customers.
- Establish strong working relationships with key business partners within Sales, Customer Excellence, SBS Collections, and Accounting to enable an effective order to cash process.
- Maintains an effective level of communication within business partners to assist in resolving disputes or discrepancies.
- Supports, monitors, and collaborates with the Shared Business Services (SBS) Collections team on an accounts receivable portfolio of accounts.
- Independently resolves moderately complex issues to expedite payment.
- Performs complete account reconciliation with customer to maximize cash flow.
- Contributes to the success of projects, through recommendations and participating in the project process.
- Emphasis on working in a collaborative team environment.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting discipline
- 2+ years working experience in Credit/Collection
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks and conflicting responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to maintain professional composure in stressful situations
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Understanding of the order to cash process
- Knowledge of Oracle & SAP Applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.