A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We are a dynamic growing, international pharmaceutical company headquartered in Reinbek near Hamburg. Within the global Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany pharmaceutical, chemistry and life science group, we have with great success specialized in the development, manufacture and sale of preparations to diagnose and treat allergic diseases. We are amongst the leading pharmaceutical companies in the area of specific immunotherapy.
Your role: This position is responsible for the development and optimization of products for allergen immunotherapy. This includes the formulation development of drug substances as well as the characterization of proteins by various biochemical and biophysical methods. Also, you design and conduct experiments and instruct lab personnel. In your role you cooperate with our process and analytical development as well as the departments Production, Quality Control and Regulatory Affairs and collaborate in interdisciplinary project teams. Evaluating and reporting analytic results in German and English language and supporting compilation of regulatory documents comprises your area of responsibility.
Who you are:
- University degree (Master, Diploma) in life science (e.g. biology, biochemistry, pharmacy or food chemistry), PhD preferred
- Knowledge in the field of allergy research and work experience in product development desirable
- Experience in compilation of regulatory documents and knowledge of GMP/GLP preferred
- Proven knowledge in bioanalytical methods as well as in the immunological, biochemical and biophysical characterization of proteins (e.g. chromatographic methods, light scattering, mass spectrometry, laser diffraction)
- Advanced knowledge in protein formulation and characterization mandatory
- High level of ability to assert oneself as well as very good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills in German and English language
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com