A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We’re looking for a Purchasing Supervisor to join our great & growing team in Irvine. This role provides a brilliant opportunity to join a business which is flourishing, where you’re able to make a real difference and where ideas, commitment and high-quality delivery are actively encouraged. This role isn’t for someone who wants an easy life – there’s lots to do and we want you to bring your experience, drive and passion to help develop the business and the team. Are you ready?
- You’ll support and supervise a team of buyers to ensure on-time delivery of qualified materials to support cGMP operations and meet customer needs.
- Manage employee performance and development. Train new employees in purchasing.
- Serve as a technical resource and mentor for entire planning team.
- Review demand plans at a local and global level, to include regularly adjusting safety stock parameters to meet business demands. Ensure accurate SAP master data to deliver accurate MRP.
- Review schedule and material requirements to ensure timely supply. Create purchase orders and manage through their life cycle to delivery. Expedite and delay shipments, as needed, to align with changes in manufacturing schedules.
- Manage SAP exception messages and act on needed plan changes.
- Collaborate with site teams to proactively address issues and ensure customer delivery dates are met.
- Compile reports and metrics to ensure timely feedback on performance.
- Partner with peers and management to suggest and assess risk mitigation techniques.
- Collaborate with planning and operations teams to recommend, evaluate, test, and implement changes that will improve service, cycle time, efficiency, and/or inventory levels. Lead projects to deliver these results.
Who you are:
- You’ll have a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Science, Engineering, or related fields.
- Planning or forecasting certification is beneficial.
- Demonstrated significant work experience in an MRP purchasing planning environment is required.
- Experience with direct supervision of employees
- SAP experience is beneficial
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com