A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Thoroughly understands, checks, diagnoses problems and repairs manufacturing equipment such as tank chiller, alcohol and acetone pumps, centrifuges, lyophilization equipment, deionized water system, etc., on a daily basis.
- Keep machinery, equipment, and plant structure in operating condition, including but not limited to chemical processing equipment of all types (i.e., filter presses, agitators, homogenizers, blowers, pumps, freeze dryers, centrifugation equipment, chiller/heating units, scrubber units, etc.).
- Perform various types of service, troubleshoots and repairs to air compressors and refrigeration compressors (i.e., freeze dryers, chiller systems, etc.), maintain oil level and Freon level, changes filters, services and replaces controls as required.
- Perform plumbing activities including maintaining and installing piping, fittings, valves, gauges, traps, etc., in both manufacturing processing and sanitation.
- Perform and troubleshoot acetone distillation unit operation.
- Perform electrical work such as maintaining and installing new light fixtures, wall sockets, hooking up electrical controls, motors, switches, etc. Install conduit and other electrical materials as directed. Routinely check all fuses and replace as required.
- Perform carpentry work such as building wooden bookcases, shelves, benches, crates, hanging doors and replacing windows.
- Perform minor service to the boiler such as replacing gauges, controls, and adding water treatment compounds. As needed, troubleshoot boiler for flame failures and steam/condensate leaks.
- Clean and replace liquid and air filters as needed.
- Understand and troubleshoot PLC instrumentation loops and control logic (i.e., chiller units, distillation system, EX-CYTE operations – RO system/CIP, BAAP operations, etc.).
- Complete calibrations and equipment checks on transmitters, actuators, sensors and other controls.
- Demonstrated ability to use electrical and refrigeration diagnostic equipment (i.e., millimeter, calibration test equipment, leak detector, refrigeration gauges and scales.).
- Demonstrated competency in the areas of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration and mechanical maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and also read electrical, piping, and P&ID schematics.
- Demonstrated ability to review jobs and determine materials required.
- Demonstrated ability to perform some “rigging” (the use of chains, ropes, straps, etc., required to move or install a large piece of equipment).
- Must be certified as a Certified Control System Technician (CCST) by the Instrumentations Systems and Automation Society (ISA), Certified Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (CIMM by ISA) or possess an equivalent certification.
- Demonstrated completion of Refrigerant Technician Certification or completion within three (3) months of appointment to the position.
- Must comply with all Millipore Corporation’s Personnel and Safety practices and provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to operate motorized equipment and tools necessary to complete job functions.
- Must be able to use the safety equipment provided to perform job functions.
- With the mechanical aids available must be able to perform tasks involving the lifting, relocation and fitting of compressors, tanks, heat exchangers, etc.
- Must be able to operate powered industrial tucks (forklifts) and other motorized equipment as directed.
- Must maintain a current state issued driver’s license and able to operate Company vehicles
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years maintenance experience
- Demonstrated ability to perform assigned duties and troubleshoot problems independently, with little or no supervision.
- Must demonstrate completion of a minimum of 30 hours of college accredited class work in maintenance-related areas as designated by the Company (i.e., refrigeration, electricity, electronics, technical math, and mechanical courses).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.