A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role is the unique blend of operational excellence, strategic execution and portfolio management. Operational excellence and strategic execution are required to seamlessly orchestrate the various teams working on the creation of value generating Life Science data products, ranging from Life Science’s business teams, ACE Product Owners and Data stream, IT, CDO and external partners. Portfolio management is required to manage the incoming data and analytics requests, make sure they are adequately vetted and transitioned into execution mode.
Since ACE is following agile practices, it is key to improve and facilitate the team’s Scrum based delivery framework. In the role you act as a thought leader and help ACE in creating more business value at our Life Science businesses. In addition, collaborate with key stakeholders across all of Life Science in industrializing use case and products. Lastly, manage and control project and cost center budgets and support end-to-end processing of vendor contracts and ensure the team’s delivery is stable and scalable.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) with good coverage of Business Administration and Computer Science
- 5+ years working experience in Demand and Project Management with a strong focus on Agile Methodologies such as Scrum
- 2.5+ years working experience in Project Portfolio management
- Experience in managing budgets and financials and business value monitoring from use cases preferred
- Strong mathematics background and experience with big data, machine learning, statistics, data analytics and informatics preferred.
- Certified in Project Management (PMP preferred)
- Certified in implementing and scaling agile practices (ACP, SAFe) and ability to work with global, highly-matrixed agile product teams
- Strong customer orientation and communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with technical & non-technical audience
- Proven track of enabling a successful project delivery in complex data environments with a passion for facilitating continuous improvement in teams (Six Sigma experience preferred)
- A thought leader who doesn’t hesitate to take over responsibility when it is helping the team
- Experienced in supporting procurement activities, in managing vendors and in processing contracts
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse teams through influence
- Good understanding of requirements in the area of Data Security, Data Privacy, Workers Council and GxP, to be able to educate stakeholders in the organization about data governance aspects
- Has preferably worked in the industry of Pharma, Life Science or Chemicals Industry before
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.