A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
This role is a strategic and operational data governance to enable data and analytics work in a well mandated space at Merck Life Sciences business sector. You are expected to set strategic directions and managing good data practices in a big data environment, including areas such as data ownership principles, data movement standards, risk management approaches and data cataloguing standards. You will provide operational guidance and support when you ensure that set data governance policies, standards etc. are adhered to. In addition, you drive the continuous improvement of our data practices where you challenge each part of the data governance process to make sure the right level of governance is applied, and processes are fit-for purpose and support the success of our business. You will collaborate with the rest of the ACE organization, especially the Product Owner and Delivery team to provide support for the delivery of use cases. In addition, you educate our partners in the respective business domains and functions on data governance - data quality, compliance, security and privacy.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) with good coverage of Business Administration and Computer Science
- 5+ years working experience in data management and data governance covering strategic and operational implementations
- Exceptional experience in implementing data practices including technology, process, data and organization readiness aspects
- Good knowledge in data privacy and security and being able to develop practices here together with the respective business functions such as IT security, Data Privacy Office, Government Affairs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills that allow you to efficiently communicate also the complex parts of a implementing good data practices and demystify topics such as data privacy
- Ability to design data quality processes from defining, measuring, monitoring to defining and implementing corrective and preventive activities
- Experience in defining and implementing data practice metrics when it comes to data cataloguing, data governance processes
What we offer: We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com