A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role manages the outsourcing of clinical development projects to external service providers on behalf of Global Clinical Operations, allowing on-time, on budget and on quality delivery of clinical data to support the potential registration of new products. The role will require the use of advanced analytical skills to review complex clinical study assumptions and budget data and will require business knowledge of the clinical development process and close collaboration with internal and external key stakeholders.
- Accountable for the budget and contract negotiations with service providers, including all preceding and subsequent contracts, balancing time, cost and quality considerations.
- Participate as subject matter expert in clinical development teams to support study progress and the program development throughout the lifecycle of a development compound.
- Responsible for the identification of new service providers and management of structured evaluations of existing preferred service providers
- Drives the development and adaptation of Service Provider Management business procedures
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 plus years of experience, master’s degree with 3 plus years of experience, or PhD in a scientific, legal or business discipline required
- Five plus years of experience in drug development in a pharmaceutical company or CRO strongly preferred
- Expertise in contracting and outsourcing of clinical services
- Ideally a background in clinical operations
- Advanced analytical and strategic skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Fluent English language skills
- Oncology clinical contracting experience a plus
Position can be in Billerica, MA, Rockland, MA, or remote if you reside greater than a 50-mile radius from our Billerica and Rockland, MA, location
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.