A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
A Senior Scientist position is available to join the Translational Innovation Platform Immuno-Oncology at EMD Serono to create first-in-class therapeutic antibody fusion proteins through innovative approaches. The successful candidate will participate in the concept and design of novel antibody fusion constructs aimed to stimulate the immune response and increase anti-tumor activities and will be responsible for evaluating their functionalities in biological assays.
The Senior Scientist will work in a creative team with other scientists on novel designs in antibody technology research in Immuno-Oncology. Specifically, the individual will be responsible for:
- In vitro characterization and design and perform biochemical and immunological assays to evaluate immune-stimulatory and tumor-inhibitory activities.
- Perform routine sterile cell and tissue culture and help maintain target cell lines
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 plus years of experience, or Master’s degree in a Medical, Life Sciences or other Science Discipline.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following: flow cytometry, isolation and manipulation of human/mouse blood and blood components, in vitro T cell functional assays.
- Experience in SDS-PAGE, Western blots, ELISA, and biochemical assays
- 5+ years of experience in cell-based immunological assays, cell migration assays, cytokine production measurements, and assays to measure in vitro anti-tumor activities, such as apoptosis, ADCC, ADCP and CDC
- Track record of scientific accomplishment and publications in the advancement of new therapeutic concepts
- PhD in Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry, or other Scientific discipline, with 2 plus years of post-doc experience, and 5 plus years of research experience in the biotech /pharmaceutical industry strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of antibody structure-functions and protein design and expression
- Familiarity with basic cell purification techniques and immunological phenotyping procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot effectively and think proactively
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team setting and collaborate effectively on complex projects
- Background in cancer immunology
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to write scientific reports and publications
- Team player with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Well-organized and self-directed; able to adhere to tight timelines
- Forward-thinking and creative with high ethical standards
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.