A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position will be responsible for hands-on technical support of the development and optimization of products and strategies for biopharmaceutical applications. Primary job functions include performing routine mammalian cell culture techniques, designing experiments, analyzing data, presentation of the results to the internal project teams all in support of custom and catalog medium development projects.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and creative individual, part of an active, multidisciplinary group of scientists responsible for the design and development of cell culture products for the Biopharmaceutical Industry.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervision Level
- Works with weekly to biweekly supervision but can independently perform routine laboratory techniques.
- Customer Interactions
- Direct customer interactions based on individual projects.
- Sales/Marketing Support
- Provide performance/application summaries/data suitable for marketing media.
- Write/review relevant marketing media.
- Interacts and collaborates scientifically with direct team members as well as scientists in other departments. Open to new ideas and often seeks critical feedback from colleagues and demonstrate effective cooperation.
- Project Workload/Time Management
- Technical support and/or execution of 2 projects of moderate complexity.
- May serve as a project lead or work on project team(s) led by more experienced scientists.
- Understands priorities and completes the volume of work required for meeting project goals and timelines.
- Experimental Design, Planning and Execution
- Experimental design and execution done independently or with guidance from team/project leads for complex experiments.
- Capable of accurate data interpretation and takes an active role in determining next steps alongside the project team/lead.
- Demonstration of strong oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain laboratory notebook with detailed experimental designs and results.
- Prepare written project reports and present oral updates/summaries at team meetings.
- Attend and participate in scientific conferences through poster presentations.
- Scientific Interests
- Reads and understands scientific literature in primary focus areas as well as adjacent markets.
- Proactively seeks out new information and opportunities to advance group technologies, products and services.
- Assist in generating ideas for process improvements and new products and services.
- Understanding MilliporeSigma Systems, Policies and Procedures
- Demonstrates working knowledge of internal systems related to new product development (Design Control).
- Performs work according to company guidelines for safety and regulatory compliance.
- Assist in the transfer of products from R&D to manufacturing and QC.
- Contributes to support functions of the lab (cleaning, equipment maintenance, reagent prep, etc.).
Who You Are:
- B.S. degree in biological sciences, chemical or biochemical engineering, or closely related sciences
- 2+ years experience in science related industry or academia.
- Masters Degree in science related field
- Experience in mammalian cell culture media development.
- Experience with robotics and high-throughput cell culture techniques
- Familiar with mammalian cell line development
- Familiar with design of experiments and statistical analysis
- Familiarity with large-scale mammalian production and/or hands-on experience in operating bioreactors
- Mathematical modeling and statistical software knowledgeCompetent with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Proficiency in the use of aseptic techniques.
- Good understanding of biochemistry, organic chemistry, and cellular metabolism.
- Critical thinking; ability to identify and communicate a problem in order to initiate corrective actions.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.