A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your responsibility as a PIM (Product Information Management) administrator will be the performance, integrity and security of a product information database. You'll be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
You'll ensure that:
- data remains consistent across the database
- data is clearly defined
- users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish the needs of users and monitoring user access and security
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
- Bulk load data as needed
- Maintain data standards
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Carry out capacity planning
- Work closely with IT project managers and application developers accessing the data
- Work closely with IT DBA's to insure data integrity, system security and system performance
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree in computer science or Technical field.
- 3+ years of hands on database management experience
- 2+ years of hands on product information management experience
- 2+ years of experience with Oracle PL/SQL, Triggers, Queues, etc.
- Knowledge in PostgreSQL
- Knowledge in Cassandra, MongoDB
- Ability to work with global team
- Proficient in optimizing queries and schemas
- Ability to provide solutions based on the business requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills and be customer centric
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.