A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This purpose section describes the main tasks required for this specific Raw Material position. The rest of the sections are general requirements of the Technician, Quality Control 3 position. The Technician, Quality Control 3 - Raw materials is responsible for support of the QC department through support of documentation/organization (scanning/filing/copying) activities for QC or other departments, routine raw material testing or bulk sampling, ordering supplies, cleaning the QC sampling rooms, and general lab audit readiness. Testing may include visual appearance, IR, Karl Fischer (KF)and other compendial testing or instrumentation techniques. Additional responsibilities include peer review of documentation, report/deviation/OOS writing, writing or revising standard operating procedures or other documentation, and participation in process improvement initiatives. The Technician, Quality Control 3 position, like all positions at MilliporeSigma, will require a willingness to contribute to the overall success of the company by assisting in many areas beyond specific job duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform environmental monitoring testing and write trend reports
- Perform cleaning verification swabbing or visual inspections
- Sample and analytically test raw materials or other analyses as assigned. Testing may involve visual appearance, IR, KF, GC, automatic titration, and other tests and instruments.
- Perform pipette verifications and ship out pipettes for calibration.
- Print, file, scan, copy, and organize quality documents.
- Perform data entry activities in appropriate document control, inventory control software, etc.
- Work in accordance with current GMP practices demonstrating proper safety and housekeeping practices.
- Maintain accurate and concise records, as well as assist with peer review of documentation for accuracy.
- May provide or request documents via email or phone transactions to customers or vendors.
- Perform annual retain or reagent inventory audits.
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule required.
- Work on problems of moderate scope and exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Obtain assistance from supervisor or more experienced staff when needed.
- Write and revise SOPs including raw material specifications.
- Work cooperatively within the QC department and with other departments to achieve project goals.
- Work in compliance with effective procedures and regulatory requirements outlined in ICH Q7 and 21 CFR Parts 11, 210 and 211 as applicable
- Work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Participate in OOS or deviation investigations via testing and good documentation/writing.
- Maintains laboratory in an audit-ready state which may include ordering reagents or supplies, cleaning glassware, waste management, dusting, vacuuming, and mopping laboratory areas.
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned.
- Work near moving mechanical parts.
- Frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear (hard hats, lab coats, safety glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protective equipment “PPE” to protect from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors, or airborne particles.
- Must be willing to work with highly potent/hazardous materials requiring the use of proper PPE, which could include half/full face respirators, Saranex and/or Tyvek suits with powered respiration.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, or crawl for extended periods of time.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds unassisted and be capable of pushing and pulling heavy materials to complete assignments.
- May be required to lift more poundage with assistance.
- Must be able to speak, hear, taste, and smell.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly use phones, computers, computer monitors, and all office/laboratory equipment.
- Required to type at a computer keyboard and have the ability to read CRTs/computer monitors.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Associate Degree with some chemistry or related biological sciences courses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent documentation practices.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in analytical testing labs with hazardous and toxic chemicals.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.