A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: The NA Pharma Processing Regional Sales Manager leads a team of Process Solutions Account Managers each responsible for a sales territory, and reports to the Western Area Sales Manager in North America. The sales region is made up of hundreds of customers located in California, within the Biopharmaceutical industry where MilliporeSigma sells products and services. You will be responsible for orchestrating sales activities in the region and will act as a team leader, focal point and decision maker concerning all organizational and business aspects, on specific tasks and priorities related to his/her region. Additional responsibilities include:
- Reach or exceed regional sales targets as well as a number of MBO’s (Management Business Objectives) for special projects and initiatives by the Area Sales Manager.
- Develop regularly accurate sales forecasts reported back to Area Sales Manager.
- Develop a comprehensive sales plan within the region focusing on growth activities and based on a target account list for each territory within the region.
- Provide the Area Sales Manager with feed-back and recommendations on the manpower and support required for the success of this plan.
- Track pricing and price increase success within the region to protect business profitability
- Develop relationship with key decision-makers at target accounts within the region as well as foster the networking activities of the Account Managers at these customers.
- Support Account Managers during specific situations where an escalation process is needed to either solve a significant issue or protect/win a significant piece of business.
- Provide clear focus and prioritization, track individual performance, and provide direct coaching or training to the regional Account Manager team.
- Drive employee engagement and teamwork within the team especially between other Life Science sales teams and Pharma Processing Account Managers covering the same accounts.
- Drive the use of our current CRMs (Salesforce.com, SAP Next) as the salesforce primary tool for account and contact managements, quoting, plan-of-action repository and tracking, Product Adoption program tracking, marketing feed-back, and molecule pipeline activities.
- Evaluate individual performance at mid-year and year-end and allocate compensation accordingly within the MilliporeSigma system
- Ensure that everyone on the team has a current Development Plan to follow
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Field Marketing, Sales, R&D etc. to share and gain marketing intelligence to drive sales growth within the region.
Who You Are:
- BS degree 8+ years professional experience
- Technical scientific degree strongly preferred
- The ideal candidate will have proven sales experience or a strong background in a pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, R&D, Process Development, or manufacturing environment.
- Management experience beneficial
- Ideally located in Southern California
- Overnight Travel ~30%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.