A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
To manually and semi-automatically portion chemicals into containers using safety equipment and following protocols. Complete appropriate packaging documentation per FDA, ISO and GMP procedures and deliver products to inventory.
Shift: Monday – Friday, 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assemble and package chemical kits
- Fill, cap and label chemical products
- Independently set-up and operate automated fill lines
- Perform routine maintenance and minor repairs to semi-automated equipment
- Organize and set-up the filling of large hazardous fills using equipment
- Trouble shoot automated and semi-automated cappers
- Manually fill liquids or powders
- Utilize semi-automated equipment to fill liquids or powders
- Fill products utilizing aseptic technique
- Perform fills in environmentally controlled areas
- Fill hazardous products
- Transfer bulk utilizing peristaltic pumps
- Filter bulk material using pumps and in-line filters or vacuum filters
- Operate automated and semi-automated cappers
- Manually torque caps with wrenches as necessary
- Assist with loading bottles and pack-off during fill line operation
- Set up and operate automated labelers
- Hand label as necessary
- Follow and support all quality and safety procedures.
- Train operators on semi-automated filling equipment
- Document all equipment used and verify calibration status
- Participate in required safety activities such as training sessions, meetings, and safety inspections.
- Develop and assist in the implementation of process improvement ideas
- Train operators on general packaging, quality, and safety practices and documentation
- Comply with the requirements of ISO 13485 and ISO 9001
- Participate in building and departmental 5S activities. Maintain good housekeeping and audit readiness.
- Is frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne parts.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
- Employee must view computer monitors for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time.
- The employee must be able to speak, hear and smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment.
- The employee may be required to lift more poundage with assistance.
- Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/laboratory equipment.
- The employee is also required to type at a computer keyboard and have the ability to read CRTs/computer monitors.
Who You Are
- Education: High School Diploma, GED or HSED required
- High school course work in chemistry or 6 moths chemistry related experience
- Ability to set-up and troubleshoot automated packaging equipment
- Safe chemical handling methods
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Read instructions and understand oral and written instructions
- Strong PC skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.