A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Participate in development of electronic lab information management applications to support manufacturing Quality Control using Labvantage LIMS technology. This position also supports the chemical manufacturing lab digital procedure and quality control management.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop, Configure and support LIMS Software, this includes troubleshooting, configuration, administration, upgrades/patches, system documentation, bug fixes, and training.
- Interact directly with scientists to document, analyze, and map needs and lab workflows into technical designs and LIMS / lab informatics data solution functionalities.
- Identify opportunities for improving LIMS functionality and performance.
- Meet with lab management teams to plan the implementation of LIMS, enhancements and assess impact to operations and necessary workflow changes
- Support the business in the retrieval of data from LIMS. Provide data for analysis utilizing queries and reporting tools
- Follow Agile framework
- Interact with internal customers to develop business requirements
- Develop data reports for customers, Key Performance Indicator reports, and any other reports needed to support the laboratory functions
- Conform to coding conventions
- Conform to all change control and product release needs
- Participate in the continuous process improvement of Lab IT solutions
- Act as a key contributor to defining and executing the Lab IT roadmap for Laboratory Operations
- Work at the work site as a subject matter expert for support issues
- Maintain own workflow and meet deadlines
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.