A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title: Regional Medical Director Fertility APAC
- Lead regional data gap analysis and develop robust asset phase 3b/4 research and exploratory data analysis plans in Fertility
- Lead ISS and phase 3b/4 protocol review with zero tolerance for redundant, non-scientific, or futile projects
- Lead or supervise post-hoc data analysis initiatives to evaluate risks and benefits of exploratory analysis
- Demonstrated influence in external scientific community be it through peer-to-peer interactions, research and educational collaborations, publications or other
- Manage team to comply with internal policies and external regulations in the geography
- Provides expert consultation to affiliates and regional Medical Head on development of the affiliate fertility strategy and brings insights and knowledge from the countries to the Global GMA fertility
- Provides technical expertise on the generation of hypothesis to be tested, method and design of regional research, trial execution and communication. Oversees the conduct of regional clinical trials and is medically and scientifically accountable for resolution of safety issues, interpretation of statistical analysis for clinical significance, investigator selection, safety monitoring, study reports, and other communications of study results.
- Provides technical consultation to affiliates in the development and method of evaluation of research hypotheses
- Serves as the representative of the region in providing input into the content of registration and GMA studies
- Educates on and coordinates appropriate scientific and medical activities with internal stakeholders (ie commercial, clin ops, discovery, statistics, regulatory, etc..) including training region and affiliate cross-functional peers on therapeutic area topics. On-boards affiliates and regional cross-functional partners to therapeutic area and product topics.
- Develops and executes advisories and symposia
- Oversees scientific and medical education of investigators, clinical monitors for GMA studies in the region. May provide support to affiliate sponsored studies as needed
- Manages and conducts regional external expert engagement. Keeps abreast of professional information and technology through conferences and/or medical literature and acts as a therapeutic area resource
- Represents the company at external meetings including investigator meetings, scientific association meetings, etc.
- May serve as the scientific team representative for regulatory discussions
- May support affiliate ad boards and conducts regional ad boards, including ensuring budgets, timelines, compliance requirements are factored into program’s initiatives
- Build and develop a strong collaborative APAC Medical Fertility team via regular digital meetings, selected F2F meetings, sharing best practices and country specific challenges, between-country rotations, building leadership within APAC regions
- Establish and maintain the scientific image and reputation of our company and being a key binding function between science and business in the local market
- Focus on implementation of medical strategies, i.e. realization of the value-creating contribution of medical affairs supporting the profiling and positioning of our products in the local market
- Communicate trends and innovations identified in the market facing organizations, e.g. in their interactions with Key Thought Leaders, to Medical Directors
- Provide ideas and support continuous process improvement
- Global Medical Affairs Product Leads (fertility)
- Other departments with frequent interactions: Global Clinical Development, Global Clinical Operations, Medical Information, Global Regulatory Affairs, Global Commercial Operations, Health Economics and Outcome Research, country commercial, Medical Excellence
- Interact (participate in discussions, give presentations, support contract negotiation) with Key Thought Leaders, investigators and customer / patient organizations
Required professional experience and necessary training
- Physician preferably with specialization in infertility management (preferred)
- Advanced degree preferred
- Training in regional / local and international regulations including Good Clinical Practice
- More than 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry (Clinical Development / Medical Affairs / Commercial Operations)
- Prior industry experience as Medical Manager in the Therapeutic Area
- Knowledge and experience in project management
Job specific competencies:
- Influencing skills
- Communicate in a precise, reliable, unambiguous and timely manner
- Good presentation skills
- Proficient in English to communicate within the organization
- Setting priorities, identifying and mitigating risks
What we offer: At our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com