A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Protein Science / Buffer-media prep and QC group is a core function of the Protein and Cell Sciences (PCS) department that supports both early and late stage discovery projects and seeking a QC Research Associate.
- Responsible for small to large scale media and buffer production, as well as QC analytics supporting GLP tox drug substance production.
- Responsible for media / buffer preparation, equipment maintenance and calibration, data analysis, electronic lab notebook and batch record documentation.
- Collaboration with other PCS scientists and process development colleagues
- Responsible for media and buffer preparation to meet GLP tox protein production and reference run schedules, which includes raw material and chemical procurement and inventory control.
- Responsible for documenting in batch records, electronic lab notebook, and revise ROPs related to GLP tox protein production.
- Ensure operations and documentation conform to ROPs and batch records are maintained to reflect current manufacturing methods.
- Perform analyses including SDS-PAGE, SE-HPLC, LAL, HCP, HC-DNA and res-Protein A.
- Coordinate and execute equipment maintenance and calibration and provide reports and prepare scientific presentations as needed.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reading of documents and use of computer monitor screen, reaching with hands and arms, talking, writing, listening. Occasional bending, grasping, twisting, carrying, stooping, kneeling, crouching. Frequent lifting and/or moving of 200L barrels of media.
Who you are:
- A bachelor’s degree in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or other scientific discipline
- 1+ year of related lab experience including aseptic techniques and pipetting
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in teams, both within the group and cross-functionally
- The ideal candidates will be self-motivated, have excellent organization and communication skills, and be able to function in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities.
- Experience with aseptic techniques, comply with safety rules, and have awareness of company’s quality standards. Candidates must be able to generate detailed written records of the work accomplished in a timely manner.
- Must have computer skills and knowledge of common software and database usage, including PC desktop applications, MS Office and integrated inventory control system.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well within a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Relevant industrial experience, aseptic skills, excellent communication skills and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry Familiarity with bioprocess monitoring tools and equipment
- Previous experience with inventory management (stocking and ordering) and capital or sample archives is desired.
- Continuous improvement mindset is a must
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.