A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Senior Medical Director, Global Medical Affairs Oncology is a key role in the Global Medical Affairs Oncology team and works closely with partners internally in the medical team, as well as with the R&D and clinical development departments. The Senior Medical Director leads a cross-functional team that is responsible for guiding the development and life cycle management of a drug from the oncology or immuno-oncology portfolio, including supporting clinical development, pre-launch, peri-launch, and post approval.
The Senior Medical Director is responsible for working closely with his/her management and other Medical Directors of the Global Medical Affairs Oncology team to build, monitor, track, and manage, the development and implementation of the Global Medical Affairs plans and initiatives. In addition, this role requires primarily close coordination cross-functionally with Global Business Franchise counterparts, but also with Global, Regional and Local stakeholders to create and ensure alignment across all teams. The Senior Global Medical Director is responsible for medical education, communication and external engagement with the medical community.
Who You Are:
- Advanced degree: MD, with experience in oncology (required)
- English – excellent command of spoken and written English (German a plus)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry, or equivalent academic experience with demonstration of successful results
- Clinical experience and knowledge treating oncology patients.
- Demonstrated understanding of the clinical development and post-approval environment for pharmaceuticals including clinical studies, external scientific collaborations and medical affairs strategic initiatives
- Knowledge and application of business planning & leadership principles, such as goal setting, action plans, monitoring tools, directive and supportive techniques to develop and implement action plans
- Possess budget experience and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams, manage a diverse work group, motivate them, and maximize productivity
- Creation and oversight of cross-functional and multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in developing and leading teams in changing competitive environment, changing product technology, and changing needs
- Demonstrated orientation & credibility with internal and external customers
- Creation of solid plans and reports for which performance and progress can be measured and evaluated
- High integrity and work ethic
- Adaptability and ability to remain focused in the presence of shifting priorities and strategies in timely response to the business climate
- Able to travel up to 30% (required)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.