A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Provide required maintenance support for the Facilities department. This position does not have supervisory responsibilities. The Maintenance Electrician is responsible for a wide variety of assignments from minor to moderately complex with focus on planned and unplanned maintenance of electrical and mechanical systems, in house repairs and installations of building and lab equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs complex maintenance, repairs, and operates all Facility and Process equipment including but not limited to electrical systems, building automation systems and general building mechanical systems.
- Performs maintenance and repairs to building support systems as required.
- Services, repairs and maintains building components including doors, door hardware, electrical switches, outlets and lighting fixtures, toilet facilities, etc.
- Possesses an understanding of fire related equipment, fire control panels and sprinkler systems.
- Performs regular audits, inspects, and evaluates the physical condition of the facilities for operability of electrical and mechanical systems to determine if repairs are needed and make repairs in a timely manner.
- Tours facility to conduct building electrical and mechanical system checks and document accordingly. Immediately corrects unsafe conditions, blocked exits, fire hazards, etc.
- Responsible for the accuracy, clarity and compliance of all documentation i.e. PM task sheets, Work Orders, Logbooks, etc, generated during the work shift.
- Analyzes maintenance and repair problems.
- Coordinates service with outside vendors as needed.
- Researches and orders materials for repairs as needed.
- Performs tasks in accordance with SOPs and regulations (cGMP and GLP).
- Complies with company health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Performs duties independently with minimal supervision.
- Trains new employees or junior level personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 0-10% travel required.
- Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts.
- Subject to 24-hour on-call duty assignments.
- Valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
Who You Are:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Maryland Journeymen Electrician’s License
- 5 + years’ experience working with 120, 208, 277, 480V single and 3-phase electrical systems.
- 3+ years’ experience troubleshooting, installing, repairing and building electrical distribution systems, motors and controls/VFD’s, equipment control systems and lighting systems.
- Must be capable of reading and interpret blueprints and control logic diagrams.
- Knowledge of applicable computer systems (i.e. Excel, Word, Trackwise, etc.).
- Experience with building management systems i.e. Kaye Labwatch, Trane Tracer Summit, and Siemens Building Automation systems.
- Ability to use a wide variety of tools and test equipment in performing repairs and maintenance.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.